How To Make Money With Google AdSense

Introduction

Google wants a slice of your traffic. And they're willing to pay big bucks! For those who have been complaining of high traffic and low sales, there's simply no better way to cash in on those hardearned visitors to your web pages.

AdSense makes it so easy!
There's no complicated software to install, no need to scout for affiliates, nothing to buy and no need to even have a merchant account. So… Why isn't everybody doing this? More importantly, why isn't everybody making the most of it?

It's "Hidden Money"
"Seeing is believing", they say. Most webmasters love to obsessively track their visitors, earnings and CTR's several times a day. They love to see what's there, but they often miss what can be.

AdSense doesn't give you ultimate control over which ads are served, how the ads are rotated or what each click is worth. That's a good thing, because it's handsfree income. (It does give you some control though, and I’ll tell you how to use those controls in this book.) But many webmasters still think that once you've stuck the AdSense code on your page, there's little you can do except wait and watch.

Nothing could be further from the truth!
Google gives you a great deal of control over your ads, and especially their visual or graphic elements. By tweaking these elements to your advantage, you could easily in as little as a few minutes multiply your clickthroughs many, many times over!

My Experiments with AdSense
I signed up with AdSense in June 2003, starting small by serving AdSense off just a few of my pages.

By the end of the day, I'd delivered several thousand AdSense impressions which netted me the princely sum of… $3.00. I didn’t exactly burn down the house.

While I didn’t see a great deal of potential based on this initial figure, I figured it couldn’t hurt to place AdSense code on more pages. Over the period of a couple months, I increased my impressions 25fold, but the clicks just weren’t happening. That was when I hit my lowest point as an Internet publisher. My clickthrough ratios were so bad, I needed thousands of visitors to net about $30 per day. At that point, I knew something had to change and I was going to change it! It was as late as April 2004 ten months after I signed up with AdSense that I had my eyes opened to what I had been missing all along. It was one of the “AhHa!” moments where I felt as though I was being hit by the proverbial twobyfour. Immediately, I began experimenting with my Google ads, testing various placement and colors to see if my assumptions would hold water.

The results were fast and fantastic! By applying the same easy tweaks discussed in this book, I nearly tripled my clickthrough rate, and my income shot up to $600 PER DAY! I still remember that golden day in April 2004 and for me there's been no looking back. From my early days of being an "AdSense nobody" to becoming a leading AdSense guru, when a fivefigure monthly income no longer surprises me… it's been an eventful journey full of learning experiences. Little cogs run the AdSense machinery! It's easy to get carried away when you're making so much money. But I never lose sight of the little things that make me big money with AdSense.

Every AdSense partner however big or small knows that at the end of the day, it all boils down to one thing: stats! Your AdSense stats might not be amazing to start with, but make it a habit to go through it with a fine toothed comb. As you start making sense of those 'little numbers'… the big checks with follow!

Stats are the holy grail of Internet Marketing. This is a real screenshot of my AdSense stats page taken late 2006. You can see what I was making daily then and believe me, I’m still doing great but specific details such as CPM and CTR have been blacked out in keeping with Google's terms of service. Hitting the AdSense Jackpot! As you can see, today AdSense takes care of my car payment, mortgage, cable bills and a whole lot more besides.

Aren't you dying to know… WHAT was it I did to AdSense and my website that turned it overnight into a cashcow on steroids?! More importantly, what can YOU do to shoot your AdSense income through the roof right NOW! My advice to you is quite simple... Don't be passive about your AdSense income; work hard to increase it. But before you try out that hot new idea you read about at an Internet Forum, be sure to check out Google's AdSense TOS. Some web publishers have forever relinquished their fat AdSense paychecks, just because they were too busy to pay attention to something so fundamental to their AdSense survival. I like to play by the rules and have taken adequate care to ensure that my AdSense tips and tweaks are legit. Making what I do from AdSense, I have little incentive to go on a rulebreaking spree and get my AdSense account suspended. For many Internet site owners, AdSense is like the goose that lays the golden egg. Take good care of your goose don't slaughter it in the mad rush to increase your AdSense income!


Template by: Contextual Network | Powered by: Blogger.Com